Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas cards

Wow! It has definitely been a long time since I posted anything. I have been so busy with making my Christmas cards and getting presents made that I haven't had time to think about posting. So here goes. I think I finally have all my Christmas cards finished. Though I probably will think of a few more before Christmas. I figured that I need about 40 cards this year.

I also was able to finally get some cards created to put in a local book store. I hear that I have sold one already, but was certainly hoping to sell a few more before Christmas. It is just so exciting to know that I have been invited to make cards for the store. This was by invitation and it is so exciting.

Well, without further ado, here are the cards I have made for this Christmas:



This card was CASEd from a card I fell in love with by Selma Stevenson at http://selmasstampingcorner.blogspot.com/. Her card was done in silver and white, but I didn't have any silver paper, so I used the Pure Luxury Good as Gold metallic cardstock from Gina K. The Merry Christmas stamp I picked up at Michaels, but I have no idea where I picked up the little Christmas tree. I used two cuttlebug embossing folders, the Dotted Swiss and the new Candy Cane stripes. The little embellishments were picked up when I was at Archiver's in Orem, UT last summer. The ribbon was picked up at Hobby Lobby. The ovals were cut out using the Spellbinder's Nestabilities Petite Scallop oval die cuts. This is stunning in silver as well as the gold.




This is one of my favorites too. A dear friend gave me the stamp she had picked up at an Estate sale. Wasn't that a wonderful treat? The cardstock is Gina K's All Spruced Up. Isn't it such a gorgeous shade of green? The ribbon is also from Gina K and is the Christmas Stripe. I also made this one in red, using Gina K's Rocket Red and the ribbon is Christmas Plaid, also from Gina K. I cannot remember where I got the sentiment stamp from, but I used the matching Vintage Green by Vivid. I also used a gold pen to outline the inside green cardstock. I then colored the nativity scene with Copic markers. It turned out so wonderful.




For this one I used Stampin' Up's new In Color Rich Razzleberry. It was fun to use a non-traditional color for a Christmas card. The stamps are from Gina K's design team member
Theresa Momber, called A Very Merry Christmas. Isn't that fireplace just so warm and cozy? I colored it with colored pencils by EK Success. I used glossy photo paper for the embossed background sheet. That is a Cuttlebug embossing folder. The ribbon is also from Stampin' Up's new In Color Rich Razzleberry. I also had fun using my Spellbinder's Nestabilities Classic Rectangle Scallop and Regular die cuts. That is one tool everyone should have.

Well, I wish a Merry Christmas to everyone and pray you will have family and friends to celebrate this special day that we remember the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

3 comments:

  1. 3 gorgeous cards, cant even pick my favourite, love them all
    Jose

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! What gorgeous Christmas cards!! You've been so busy!! Really love that Nativity image!! So darling!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your CASEd card is gorgeous Deanna. I am honored you liked my card so well. All three cards are beautiful and anyone who purchases them will cherish them.

    ReplyDelete