Thursday, December 10, 2009

TMITA Recipe Card

Okay, I am about to do something I have never done before. For the first time ever I am actually participating in a blog challenge. "There is Magic in the Air" has a blog hop going on right now, from December 9 through December 13, 2009.

AND NOW FOR THE....."RECIPE CHALLENGE"

To be eligible for the give-a-ways and the chance of a being a Guest Designer for February. You must have:

1. Started here and left a comment on all 10 blogs including this one.
2. Completed the “secret sentence” challenge by Dec. 13th
3. Participate in this “Recipe Challenge” with your project linked back here by Dec. 13th. 10:00 PM EST.

The "Recipe Challenge" consists of using the free image "Fancy Surprise" ( provided by TMITA) and... ... you MUST follow this "Recipe" to make a card:

Use 1 tag
Add 2 textures
Mix in 3 pattern papers
fold in 4 pieces of ribbon
and sprinkle with 5 brads or 5 buttons

You may also use one color card stock outside the color of the base of your card if you like, but only one.

You have until Sunday, Dec. 13th to link your card back here to Mr. Linky and to fulfill the requirements. If you are not sure about the requirements for all the give-a-ways you can find them here. All winners will be posted on TMITA’s blog on Saturday, December 19th. Good Luck and mostly just have fun!!

So, I decided that I really wanted to try this one. I have already completed items 1 and 2. The secret sentence was: Paper Cupcakes where the main ingredient is Love! Isn't that adorable? So now here is my card creation (in fact, I am actually going to post two of them, but the first one is the my entry for this fun challenge.) I made the other one first and wasn't thrilled with the results, so I tried it again and am much happier with the results.


I started with Stampin' Up's new In Color cardstock, Dusty Durango. I used a Martha Stewart wide punch for the center and dry embossed the upper part with Cuttlebugs Embossing Folder, Swiss Dots, for my first texture. I printed my cupcake and mouse image on white cardstock at 2 1/2 inches wide, then I use my Labels One Nestabilites to cut him out and cut the companion piece from Stampin' Up's Dusty Durango Designer Series Paper, my first patterned paper. I colored the image with Copic markers. I also used a gold pen to trace around the embossed edge of the DSP and SU Chocolate Chip marker to trace around the cupcake image. I placed my first brad in the bottom corner.

I cut another half inch wide piece of patterned paper from SU DSP, my second patterned paper, and added three star brads (the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of five brads) then adhered this to the top of the card. I placed the punched and embossed white paper beneath this patterned paper and I used my third piece of SU DSP under the punched out area. (I am disappointed that it doesn't show up, it is a stripe that is just hidden behind the punch pattern.) I placed my first piece of ribbon across the bottom of the embossed area, just above the punched out piece.

For my tag I used a tag stamp from Stampology! I just got that today and am so in love with it already! I trimmed it and used my corner rounder to clean it up. My 5th brad went on the tag. I also attached the 2nd and 3rd pieces of ribbon, using the brad to hold them on the tag. Then I added a tiny brown ribbon bow just under the image for my 4th piece of ribbon. The final touch, don't forget I had to use two textures, I sprayed gold glitter on the entire card. I am afraid it doesn't show up on my photo. But all in all I think it turned out fairly good.

This is the second card. Same basic idea only done on blue cardstock, with a larger tag (also from the Stampology tag set) and a smaller image. Otherwise pretty much the same. But I think the other card turned out much, much better. I hope you enjoy seeing what I did.

11 comments:

  1. Awww, these are both adorable cards! You did a fabulous job! =)
    Isn't it fun to participate in Blog Challenges?
    Best of Luck! =)
    Hugs
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done an amazing job with both these cards! They are gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at TMITA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS!!! I love both of them but the details in the second one do set it apart, in my opinion. Great job mixing all the ingredients together and I hope it bakes up into something good for you! Thanks for making TMITA/PCC's blog hop your first one and stop by and play the regular challenge that was posted on Monday! It's a cutie too and has a nice prize as well!

    Aloha, Kim
    TMITA Design Team member
    Check out the free weekly digi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Deanna. I am so excited to see you joined in on the challenge. Your cards are both beautiful. I love the colors you used in the entry and everything about this card is fabulous. Thanks for joining in on the fun at TMITA and I hope to see you at lots more challenges. You have done a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did an outstanding job with your cards Deanna! I especially love the first one because the colors you used are my favorites. Love all of the details of both cards! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Deanna - I'm so glad you joined in with the blog hop 'cos we get to see these gorgeous cards!! You've done an amazing job on both cards but I have to say the top one is my favourite - just loving the colours! Thanks so much for joining in with the TMITA blog hop!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, gorgeous cards! Really great take on the challenge, and your first one, too! Very good! Just love them! Thanks for participating in our Blog Hop! Hugs Nilla TMITA Team

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe this is your first ever challenge! Great job Deanna, and your take on the challenge is fabulous! Love both of your cards - your details are wonderful! Good luck! Come back and play with the Magical Monday images as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your card creations are beautiful, thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel so honored that we were your first blog hop! I am sure you will be hopping all over now!! Great job on the challenge and on both cards! They both are just scrumpous!! I do espcially love the top one myself, love the color skeme there! But truly both are just beautiful! Thanks for joining us in our hop, as well as the recipe challenge. Hope to see you weekly!

    http://papercupcakes-stamps.com/

    ReplyDelete