Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas 2009

Oh my! Tomorrow is Christmas Eve. Where has this year gone? I had so many plans to work on my blog at least once a week, but, the best laid plans of mice and men! We will be going to our youngest son's tomorrow to spend the night, enjoy a Christmas dinner, watch our three little granddaughters open their presents and share a wonderful day with this small portion of our family.

Our youngest daughter spent last night with us as they headed for Yellowstone for Christmas. When we woke up this morning it was snowing and continued to snow most of the day. We love it when there is fresh snow as it is so pristine and beautiful. The trees are covered with white and look as if they are ready to be brought in and decorated. We worried about their trip on to Yellowstone, but they made it safely and are hoping to have a great time. It is nice that we live between them and Yellowstone. We enjoyed their brief visit.

I spent a little time today working on my dear husband's Christmas card and wanted to show you what I did. I never know exactly what I will do, but when I found the designer paper, I knew how it should look. I think it turned out beautifully and I hope he will like it too. Of course, I wrote a special message to him on the inside. I hope you like it.

I have also been working on Birthday cards and I like how this one turned out. As I mentioned before, I make all the birthday card for the ladies in my Church and I enjoy that so much. This was one that I made for these beautiful ladies. I found a pack of paper that I had purchased some time ago and the papers all coordinated so well. I had been on a brown kick for a while and it was refreshing to work with this purple/lavender layout.


I would like to thank those who have chosen to follow my blog. I really had not expected more than my family to enjoy seeing my work, but it has been wonderful to find that others are enjoying it too. In just one week I will be celebrating my 72nd Birthday! When I was in High School I didn't think I could possible live to the year 2000 and here it is 2010 in just 8 more days. The fun part of having my birthday on December 31st is that the whole world celebrates with me!!

I want to wish each and every one of you a Very Merry Christmas and may your New Year be filled with wonders and joyful happenings. I feel so blessed by my Savior and pray that he will continue to bless not only me, but also each of you.

1 comment: